We asked 42nd Street’s leading lady Clare Halse her five dressing room essentials….
- The Roller! Number one essential to roll out tired tapping muscles. I tend to get sore thighs because of the raked stage so this helps me out.
- Ahhhh, food. Absolutely must have my dressing room snacks such as, nuts, fruit, and biscuits to keep my energy high, especially on a two show day.
- My cozy slippers. I like to snuggle up in these in between shows. Often I have a cheeky power nap in between shows too.
- Magical make- up. I love getting to work and transforming into Peggy and the first step is make-up. I like to be all done before warm up, so then all I have to worry about is putting on my wig and costume during the half.
- Toothbrush!! I like to feel all fresh, especially for any lurrrrve scenes!!
You can catch Clare and the cast of 42nd Street tapping away at the
Theatre Royal Drury Lane.
Are you a performer? What are your dressing room essentials? Tweet us @TheTheatreHub!